Do you have an Injury Claim*
At Dermot P Coyne Solicitors we handle all types of Accident Injury Claims *:
- MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE OR MISADVENTURE
- ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT
- ACCIDENT AT WORK
- FARM ACCIDENT
We will advise you of your rights throughout.
THIS IS A SAMPLE OF THE CASES HANDLED OVER THE YEARS BY OUR FIRM.
- We give our clients the best advise in relation to their entitlement to compensation for their injury.
- We are very experienced at valuing the level of compensation that the High Court will award for any injury.
- We know how to help you if you have been injured.
What to do if you have been in an accident?
The first thing to worry about is the health and safety of everyone injured in the accident. If anyone is seriously injured then an ambulance will be called. If its a serious accident the Gardai will want to interview the key players and they may follow the ambulance to the hospital to follow up on their enquiries. If the accident is not very serious the Gardai may not attend in which case you must exchange insurance details with the other parties. Of course a photograph of the scene of the accident and damage to the vehicles will be very useful in the future.
You need to contact us as soon as the immediate shock has passed. Before you contact us you should write down or record all you can remember about the accident. Witness details and a sketch of the road if its motor accident are very important.
- All injury compensation claims (except medical misadventure) must first be submitted to the Injuries Board.
- There is a very strict 2 year time-limit within which you must commence your claim with the Injuries Board
Meeting your solicitor
This is your meeting with us to discuss the accident and your claim for compensation. At your consultation we will advise you on all aspects of processing your claim. We will work for you as follows;
- establish that you have a claim
- obtain your Medical Injury Report (Form B)
- file an appliction to the Injuries Board (Form A)
- accept/reject the decision of the Injuries Board
If your case is concluded at the Injuries Board, your claim is conclude. However if it does not resolve at this stage we will expertly advise and assist you in going to Court for a full hearing or settlement at the doors of Court.
- issue and serve a Personal Injuries Summons
- Complete the Replies to Particulars (questionaire)
- serve Notice of Trial
- prepare you for your court case and organise your witnesses
- Settle on the steps of Court or run the case before the Trial judge.
This is a short summary. We have detailled sections on this website on each aspect of claims.
Start Your Claim
EMAIL us with any queries or to arrange a call back/consultation.
In personal injury compensation cases we do not charge you a % fee of your compensation.